This Data Protection Policy (the "Policy") describes how BLINDÉ SAS, a company incorporated under French law with its registered office at 540 boulevard de l'Europe, 83500 La Seyne-sur-mer, France, as data controller, processes the personal data of its customers and prospects ("You", "Your") in order to provide You with the best possible customer experience. BLINDÉ ("We", "Our") collects, stores, processes, uses and discloses personal data about you when You use the BLINDÉ website, or when You visit our pages on social media.
1. WHICH CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
BLINDÉ collects the following categories of data, for the purposes described below in Our Policy:
- Your identity and contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, or email address), when you decide to provide them, for example in order to create an online account, participate in an event, make a purchase, make a return, or an exchange.
- Payment Information: for example, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, PayPal account information, and other payment information you have to provide to pay for products or services you have ordered from Us;
- Demographic information such as your gender and date of birth;
- Information that you communicate publicly, on Our social networks or websites, for example in order to give your opinion on a product;
- Information concerning your online purchases (type, quantity of products purchased, and their prices);
- If you use Our websites: information about your browser and browsing behavior;
If you do not want to submit data about yourself when it is necessary for the performance of a contract or service you are requesting, or when it is required by law, you will not be able to receive the requested product or service.
2. FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
Your data is used for the purposes described below which we will specify at the time of collection:
- better understand your interests and how you use Our products and services: We use your data to improve Our website, and Our products. We also use your data to personalise your experience with BLINDÉ and tailor Our marketing activities to your needs and preferences, since it is in Our legitimate interest to serve you better and meet your needs;
- process your requests, answer your questions, and manage any complaints: We use your data, in particular to deliver your orders. We use your data to send you the information you request, or to communicate with you about your account or Our relationship (for example, to collect your feedback, or notify you of any changes to the Site or this Policy, or any service updates). In this case, your data is processed for the purpose of performing the contract between you and BLINDÉ;
- for security purposes: we process your data to protect Our company, Our customers, Our sites, or our applications against the risks of fraud, theft, or any reprehensible act that may affect our business because it is in Our legitimate interest to ensure the security of our online and offline activities;
- fight against forgery, and against sales of BLINDÉ products that violate our general conditions and violate our exclusive distribution network (by analyzing, in particular, the quantities or frequency of purchases) insofar as the fight against forgery and the protection of our distribution network are in our legitimate interest;
- for marketing purposes: to contact you, with your consent if necessary, about new products and special offers that may be of interest to you;
- for analytical and statistical purposes: We conduct analyses on the e-reputation of Our company or Our products, and measure the effectiveness of Our online and offline campaigns or events, because it is in our legitimate interest to preserve BLINDÉ's image and improve our marketing campaigns;
- other purposes: we maintain a history of transactions and other business documents in order to comply with legal, administrative, insurance and auditing requirements.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We communicate or share your data only in the following cases
- with service providers acting on our behalf: for example, technical providers in charge of sending emails for Us, or hosting our website. We may also share information about you with suppliers who help us run Our websites;
- with certain business partners, with your agreement: for example, we will share your data with third parties that organize an event jointly with us;
- with a third party in the frame of corporate restructuring or reorganization (including dissolution or liquidation). This includes any transfer, assignment or sale, in whole or in part, of Our business or assets in the frame of a merger.
- when We are legally required to do so or when it is necessary to do so in order to comply with the law in force: for example, to respond to a court decision.
4. COOKIES AND TRACKERS
We may collect certain information via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking devices. A cookie is a text file that is stored on your device's hard drive, for example, when you visit a site, read an email or install a mobile app. A cookie identifies the device on which it is stored during the period of validity of the consent, which may not exceed 13 months.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Operating cookies allow Us to facilitate your browsing by recording your language preferences, login details, shopping cart content, or wish list.
- Other cookies collect information about your behaviour on our sites and applications by analysing URLs (where Our visitors come from, on which banners they clicked, who directed them to Our site), the pages visited, and the times of visits. This allows us to improve Our websites and apps, to better understand the products and services you prefer, and to provide you with more personalised communications and/or content on Our website and apps.
- We also use anonymous statistical cookies to measure website activity and determine the parts of the sites most visited, thus improving the visibility of Our content.
- Our websites or apps may contain cookies from third parties (advertising agencies, analysis tool providers, etc.) to collect browsing information on your devices, especially in order to measure the effectiveness of Our advertising campaigns on third party sites. Third-party cookies are subject to the privacy policies of these said third parties. We hereby inform you of the purpose of these cookies and how you can manage them, insofar as We are aware of them.
- We sometimes include, on Our website or apps, third party tools that allow you to share content from our Site with others, or let others know what you are consulting, or your opinion of content on our Site. This is particularly the case for the "Share", "Like" buttons on social media (such as "Facebook", "Twitter" etc.).
The social media that provides such a button can identify you with this button, even if you did not use it when you visited Our Site. Indeed, this type of button allows the social media to track your browsing on Our Site, simply because your account on that social network was active on your device (session open) when you browsed Our Site.
We have no control over the processes used by these social media to collect information about your browsing on Our Site. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social media to find out the purpose (particularly advertising) for which they use the browsing information they collect with these buttons. In particular, these privacy policies should inform you about how to manage your preferences on your social media account.
Except in the case of operating and security cookies, the storage of a cookie in a device depends on users’ choices, who are free to express and modify them at any time.
You can set your cookies in your browser to accept or reject cookies on your device, either globally or cookie by cookie. Changing your browser settings may affect your experience on the site, for example if our partners can no longer recognise the language of your browser or the country from where you are connecting. We cannot be held responsible for the consequences of reduced access to our services as a result of cookies that you have deleted or rejected.
How to manage cookie settings in your browser?
Each browser has its own cookie management system, described in the "Help" menu of your browser, where you will find the information you need to manage your preferences.
For Internet Explorer 8.0 and later:
Select the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options"
For Mozilla Firefox:
For Dolphin on Android
For Safari on iOS
For Google Chrome:
If your device is used by several people and when the same device has several browsers, we cannot ensure that the services and advertisements that are supposed to correspond to your use of the device correspond to your own use and not that of another user of this device.
5. TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA
The data that We have collected about you may be transferred and processed in a country where there is a BLINDÉ entity so that you can benefit from the best possible service from wherever you visit us.
We may also transfer your information to service providers involved in maintaining Our websites, apps, or social media, or any other tool used to process information about Our customers or prospects on our behalf.
Some recipients are located in third countries deemed not to offer the same level of data protection as the EU country where you provided your information.
When we transfer your data to these third countries, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the information transferred in these third countries by entering into data transfer agreements with these recipients based on the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses or the "EU-US States Privacy Shield", or any other valid transfer mechanism that may be available in the future.
6. STORAGE PERIOD
Your data is stored in a format that allows you to be identified only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes described above, or for as long as is permitted by law. The storage period for your data is defined according to the following criteria:
- Your data is processed for the purposes described in Article 2 for a period of:
- three (3) years after our last contact, if you are a prospect (meaning if you have not made any purchases from BLINDÉ, but you are interested in the latest news from our establishment
- ten (10) years after the end of our commercial relationship, if you are a customer (meaning you have purchased one of our products or services)
- Your data will then be archived, and may be used in the frame of a dispute, legal action, or litigation, during the applicable limitation period. In the event of a legal action, the data may be stored until all appeals have been exhausted, and will then be deleted or archived within the limits permitted by law.
Your data is then destroyed or anonymised.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You may request access to any of your personal data that We hold. In this case, we will provide you with the information required by law on the purposes of the processing, the categories of data processed, the categories of recipients, the duration of data storage, etc.).
You may also obtain a copy of any of your personal data that We hold in a compatible and structured format that allows you to exercise your right to data portability for processing based on your consent or the performance of a contract between BLINDÉ and you.
You can also provide instructions on the way in which you want your data to be processed after your death.
You may also ask Us to correct, modify, or delete any incomplete, obsolete or inaccurate information.
You may request the deletion of your data if (i) it is no longer required for the intended purpose, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent if the processing in question was based on that consent, (iii) you have objected to processing (iv) the data processing is illegal, (v) the data must be deleted in accordance with the legal obligations that apply to BLINDÉ.
You may request the limitation of processing (i) if you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, which will allow BLINDÉ to check this accuracy, (ii) if you want to limit the processing of your data rather than deleting it despite the fact that the processing is unlawful (iii) if you want BLINDÉ to keep your data because you need it for establishing, exercising, or defending your legal rights (iv) the time BLINDÉ needs to examine the merits of your opposition request.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Our Data Protection Officer’s contact details are: email@example.com
When the processing of your data is based on consent (for example, if you have agreed to receive commercial communications), you may withdraw this consent at any time, which will not affect the legitimacy of the processing operations carried out before the withdrawal of your consent.
When the processing operations we carry out are based on our legitimate interest, you may object to such processing if it is found that your interests or fundamental freedoms prevail over our legitimate interests.
To exercise these rights, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will ensure an adequate level of protection for your data and ensure that appropriate technical and organisational security measures (including awareness and training of personnel involved in processing operations) are in place to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and all other unlawful forms of processing.
However, since the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee that your personal data stored or sent will be completely secure. We encourage you to take care when using the Internet to access our websites, apps, or social media
Our websites and apps are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect data about children without the consent of a parent or guardian, unless it is permitted by law.
You must be at least sixteen years old to provide us with your data, and eighteen years old to perform transactions at Our stores or on Our websites or apps. By performing these transactions, you guarantee that you are at least eighteen years of age and are fully able to conclude and be legally bound by such transactions.<
If We are informed, or if We find out that a minor has submitted data to us via Our media or in other ways, We will delete such data.
10. THIRD-PARTY SITES
It is possible that links may be inserted by third party sites or services that We do not control and that are governed by their own privacy policies. This Policy does not apply to these third-party sites. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these third party sites you visit to find out how they manage your personal data.
11. MODIFICATION OF THE POLICY
Our Policy may be modified to reflect changes in the way we manage your data. We will ensure that you are informed of any significant changes. We will also post an update of this Policy on the site.
12. CONTACT US
If you would like Us to update the data We have about you or your preferences, or if you have any questions about the protection of your data, please contact Us by e-mail at email@example.com